Jan 19, 2006

Petite Pics

I finally have photos to share of things that actually came off of my needles (THANKS NANCY!) This baby hat and bootie set were made for my friend's niece Ivy Grace. You can read all about her on Nancy's blog. We decided to trade gifts for our niece's-to-be. She is a spectacular seamstress with great skill in making baby sets. She sent me a beautiful baby sling/diaper bag/changing pad set recently, and I made this set for her to give to her sister. I felt the hat and booties were too big for a newborn size, and then I read the Ivy Grace was born 9lbs, 10oz! Whew! It all works out...Congratulations to Monica and her growing family! :-)


The hat is crocheted from an SLK Baby hat pattern in ggh yellow cotton yarn with some Pink cotton trim yarn from my favorite NYS. The booties were knit from the Beginner Booties pattern in the book Knitting for Baby. I added the pink crochet ruffle trim to the booties on my own (trying to be adventurous). This project was a real exercise in patience for me because I wanted them to be just right. I regained a love of the way knitted yarn works up too. My WIP now is a shrug for myself. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll still be in style by the time I finish.