May 4, 2007

Friday FO: That's a Scrap!

Whew!! The titles just get hokier as the week draws to a close don't they? Mercy.

Anyhoo...new visitor/commenter
Amanda asked that I show some of the scrap bags I make as I knit my way through the stash.

Happy to oblige, Amanda!

After a couple Episodes of the Gilmore Girls (Season One DVDs, I'm catching up)...


Scrap Bag in progress


After watching this week's episode of Lost online, then a knit quick lunch...



Scrap Bag - in Use

Scrap Bag - Resized


Stats:
Yarn: Made with leftover bits of
Paton's Classic Wool - the gray; this was left from my Irish Hiking Scarf
Cascade 220 - the dark brown; leftover from my sister's clogs
Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed - the light brown stripe near the top; also featured in my Katia lace scarf.
Needles: Size 8 (5mm) dpns; my gauge was a bit tighter than recommended, but I think this is just a suggestion, you can make this bigger or smaller, dense or loose.
Pattern: This Cider Moon pattern is simple! It's like making a hat in the round, but with eyelets in the "brim" for the I-cord straps.


Hmmm..I could see these done sooooo many ways. Felting them, adding buttons, some eyelash trim, beaded cord handles. Go crazy - there's hope for those remains and one ball wonders after all! If you do make some of these, I wanna see!

And if not scrap bags, then try something smart and lovely like Nicole did.

Thanks for stopping by! MWAH~