Jun 22, 2006

You Ever Just Feel Like Chewing?

Today was definitely one of The Wall days. Those days during the fast where every 20 minutes you just want to give in and say, "This is silly. Just chew something already". It didn't help that I was only awake for about 10 minutes before the first hollow stomach feelings started. What I was feeling wasn't plain old hunger, it was like a loud space in my midsection, one that would not be ignored.

Strife #2 was that I hadn't taken the detox tea last night, and so what awaited me this morning was the Internal Salt Bath. I can't fully describe the lurching my stomach feels at the thought of this particular cleansing method. It's a visceral anxiety that very nearly outweighs the benefits of this "wash out". The Salt Bath is 2 Tsp of uniodized Sea Salt in 1 QT (32 salty ozs!!!) of water. And you have to drink it ALL on an empty stomach, then position yourself near a bathroom for 1-2 hours. Yeah. It's like that. It took much chastising and pushing and cheering (of myself mind you) to get it all down...but it did it's work and Day 4 was off to a better start.

Things didn't improve much physically throughout the day. I wanted to eat several times today, and at one point I actually felt mad, angry at the whole...I dunno....concept.

But just like the hunger pains, it passed. I'm here wrapping up Day 4 committed to continue. The Spirit is willing, so The Flesh will just have to come along for the ride.

Things of note today:
- Slept pretty well again, although not nearly enough hours
- Showering is just wonderful isn't it? And after a dry brushing your skin is SO silky, love it.
- 8lbs down now, right on track

Interesting tidbit from
the book:
"Alcoholics, smokers, and other drug addicts will receive untold benefits from this diet. The chemical changes and the cleansing have a way of removing the craving and the many probable deficiencies. The the desire for the unnatural types of stimulants and depressants disappears."

Gotta run. The tummy rumbles.