May 15, 2006

Mmmm Mmmm Good

So I finally finished hub's second sock upon my return from Boston (/bwoss'tin/) and let me tell you...I was proud enough to pop my collar, ok? Not only did they actually fit him, but I had also escaped the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome and knit an acutal pair of socks. Now granted, 1/2 way through the foot on sock #2 I realized that I was knitting with a completely different dye lot of yarn (READ YOUR LABELS darlings...it will save many tears). I thought for a few seconds that I would go into coniption mode...but I didn't. *Yoga breathing*. One must remember, sometimes DONE is better than perfect...and so I knit on. Here's a glance...



The best compliment I've received so far today has to be this one...

Kelli: and they look like SOCKS!

That is music to a crafter's ears!! Trust me, when you're new to a craft like this one, you could be completley crushed in this kind of situation if someone said something like "Ooooo - golf club cozies!! Neat!!" I definitely see more socks in the future too; I can already feel the itch to start the next pair and naked feet are plentiful around here.

I had such a FANTASTIC Mother's Day weekend that I can't even begin to write it all down. Here's the short of it: slumber party, BBQ, babies, small brush fire, 5 foot water moccasin, lobster tails, 20+ family members and in-laws, and dishes (yes - I was even happy about doing the dishes...that's how good it was).

Here's a photo toast to my darling mom, without whom this cooky little brown girl would be nothing (literally).

Love you Ma.

What was your weekend like? Tell me about your mom, or your Mom's day adventures -- I'd love to hear about it! And if you've tried or finished anything lately that makes you want to prance around like a peacock - share!! Until next time, SMOOCHES!