Feb 14, 2006

On the Needles (For My Love)

Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like "Honey, your cardigan collar is finally done!"
I stayed up way too late last night getting my latest project back to a decent length (and that's not much). I'm making a striped cardigan for Adachi and hope to finish it before the "cool" weather here passes. The pattern comes from a charming boook called Top Down for Toddlers: No Sew Knitting from the stitching sisters at Cabin Fever.
This pattern is:
- keeping me on my yarn diet (I bought this yarn several months ago)
- relatively easy to follow so far
-helping me keep to my goal of trying a new technique/skill with every project (no seaming is right up my alley!)

Here's what I have completed so far:

The yarn is Classic Elite Provence in olors Rosa (pink) and Japanese Lilac (purple). It's just a collar, and it's maybe 5 1/2" long, but in typical toddler fashion...Adachi already loves it.

P.S. We don't actually celebrate Valentine's Day in the house, but I just can't pass up an excuse for a "themed" post.