Feb 17, 2006

Miscellaneous...


Here are a couple of things I've made that haven't made their debut yet...

The first is a ribbed "caddy" that I'm now using for my circular needles. The fact that my needle stash has grown to the point where I need a tote for different groups of needles by type...well, I'm dealing with that. This is actually my own original design. That is, if turning a length of ribbed knitting into a container can be considered design. If I'm to be honest, I would tell you that I really just needed the size 8 needles that this was sitting on, and I knitted it so long ago that I forgot what it was intended to be, so I did some crochet slip stitch on 3 sides and VOILA! The 4x4 ribbing makes it nice and stretchy, so it will double well as a bottle holder or a large calculator cozy too.

The picture on the right is a drawstring pouch I created from a pattern in Last Minute Knitted Gifts, by Joelle Hoverson, the owner of Purl Soho in NY. This was one of my first projects knitted in the round (I'm sticking to my mantra "new project, new technique"), and I enjoyed using it - the cotton yarn was so easy to work with. Don't be too wowed by the stripes though, the yarn was actually died so that it makes that pretty pattern all on it's own - just the way we like it. This too is now a needle & notions tote, mostly double pointed needles in there and my guage ruler, etc. Notice the laptop backdrop? That's to remind me that if I want to afford more yarn to make use of these needles...I better get back to work.