Apr 24, 2007

Sangria Sock Solo Shots

One is the loneliest number, and when that refers to socks, it's a special kind of singular-ness. The kind that screams "Will there ever be another like me??"

Sangria Socks - Top Foot View Garter Rib


Pattern: Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Sangria from Cherry Blossom Fibers; a super giftie from my NY Knit Buddy
Yardage - 450yds + (the label has been stashed in my knitting scrapbook)
Needles - Knit Picks circulars, size 1 (2.5mm)


Sangria Socks - Slip Stitch Heel


I really love the pattern options in this book, and I'm so thrilled to be done with this sock. I vow to cast on its mate before this week is out (mental note - must learn to knit 2 socks at once).

So far I'm most proud of the kitchener toe. I have struggled with the concept of this for sooooo long. I've seen so many explanations of how it's to be done and the book pictures I scoured were not making ANY sense to me. Finally to the rescue? None other than Amy's video over at Knitting Help. This makes Kitchener seem SO EASY! Gotta love that.


Sangria Socks -  Kitchener Toe


Tonight's stashalong-related project is to start tracking all my yarn yardage...I've got it all laid out on the guest bed, spreadsheet is made and the entries are going in. I'm already in the 4 digit range for total yards and I have barely skimmed the pile. Le sigh.