Dec 27, 2006

Post

So, the festivities have come and gone and we all survived. Most of it can be said in pictures, but the recap is that our newest nephew was there (born the Sunday after Thanksgiving)




My not-so-little anymore youngest niece Janaya is now a gorgeous 9 month old (wearing 12-18mos clothes thank you very much) - and her mommy and daddy are engaged as of Christmas eve - Woo Hoo!!












The girls were so appreciative of their gifts this year, it made me very proud of them. I think I could get used to this stuff.


I finished my oldest niece's Debbie Bliss Cardi JUST in time...they were walking in the door and I was finishing the seam on the cuffs!( Blocking??? Who has time for blocking?!)


Anissa in her Cardi



Anissa's Cardi


We enjoyed delicious traditional Jamaican dishes too, like curried goat, oxtail, goat soup, rice & peas - Too good! Yes there was turkey and stuffing and yams, and mercy just Too. Much. Food.


Cooking it Up


I hope that you had a wonderful weekend as well...on to the New Year preparations! This New Year's Eve, hub and I will celebrate 10 years of not killing each other...err marriage. I can't believe I have done something consecutively for 10 years other than live - wow. Anyhoo, if you don't hear from me until after the 1st, I'm sending you extra special HAPPY NEW YEAR vibes.

MWAH!!