Jan 2, 2009

More Progress

Happy New Year!
I hope everyone has had a great couple of weeks celebrating, eating, loving, laughing and getting some much needed merriment!

There are great steps being made over here chez BrownBerry; the knitting clan is growing its skills! Adachi told me that she'd like to learn something new in her latest project, and I'm all in favor of that. Taking on a new technique with each project is a great way to expand the toolkit, so I thought it was time that she learn to purl. She was so enthusiastic about learning this new stitch, it was cute to watch. I'll let her tell you herself...





With that great start and some elbow grease - what started as this...



Became this...


Adachi Learns to Purl 007

It just never gets old for me! I encourage her as much as I can and will try to help her avoid my own pitfalls (overstashing, too many WIPs, one-ball wonders, and so on). We're having a great time.