Jan 23, 2010

Ten Things

I was inspired by the openness and honesty of this photo and meme posted by Sharon; and you know what they say about imitation and flattery...

Photo credit goes to my munchkins (who would never say it's weird that mommy wants pictures of herself all sweaty after a run)


10Things Mosaic

I've parted ways with 18 pounds since this time last year. Yay!

1. I dream almost every night; more nightmares than I'd like, but also some very revealing scenarios.

2. In the last 10 years, I have given up 3 of my very favorite things for the sake of better health - dairy (except butter), chocolate, and wine. It still stings a little, but they are slowly being replaced by an addiction to daily exercise.

3. I worry constantly about being a good mother. Mine is awesome, and she set a high standard.

4. I'm becoming less sociable as I get older, and I'm OK with that. Some of you reading this are saying "Um...yeah, right."

5. I have 2 herniated discs. Most of the time I pretend that I don't so that I can continue doing what I want to do, not what my body tries to tell me I should be doing.

6. Good music with a strong bass line makes me ridiculously cheerful.

7. I'm convinced I married the only man on earth patient enough to put up with me. I feed him well though, and I think that's a fair trade.

8. I knit.

9. I believe I have experienced what is known as a "Runner's High". I want more.

10. I spend oodles of my downtime hours lurking on Facebook, Ravelry, and Flickr. These are easily my favorite online hangouts, and I don't think this will change anytime soon.