May 30, 2007

May I Present: The Central Park Hoodie



Pattern: Central Park Hoodie from KnitScene Fall 2006
Size: Knit in Med (size 36" bust)
Cast On: December 31, 2006
Cast Off: May 30, 2007



This knit was a great way to dive into cables. Both right and left twist cables are included, and though I've done them before, keeping track of which goes where was a great mental exercise.
Next time I would knit the body, the fronts and the hood all at once.


The pattern is made to fit very close.
If you knit this, I would go up one or even two sizes from your typical measurements.



Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8 in Color #23
Needles: US8 for body, 7 for button band, 9 to cast off





I picked up 324 stitches for the button band and knit the ribbing using two US Size 7 circulars (32" cables on both). This allowed me to knit the ribbing continuously. No button holes in my button band, and that's intentional. I'll be on the lookout for just the perfect single closure - a toggle or really cool button perhaps. For now, a size 3 bamboo dpn works just fine.




Many thanks to my hubby who played photographer this morning and got up early to help me catch the best natural light. All foliage and landscaping are courtesy of his handiwork!

Thanks to all the other Hoodie knitters on the Knit A Long site for your tips, and your inspiring photos. It sure feels good to have a grown-up garment all my very own!

And thanks mostly to YOU faithful readers. Just knowing that I could come here and do show-and-tell to such a wonderful group has kept me smiling all morning (even when I was weaving in the ends!).

MWAH!