Jan 19, 2007

Get Your Knit Fix Here!

Just a short update post today...I'm knitting, no surprise there. The surprise though is how OFTEN I'm doing it now and how much a part of my life it has become. There are knitting magazines and books with post it flags sticking out of them strewn across my house. There is yarn in at least 3 different rooms. There are knit programs on my remind list for the TV (yes, the satellite service is back...be afraid people). And yesterday, hubby actually told me that he hopes I always put the same level of passion into my knitting as I do now - can you believe that??! This is the stage called Acceptance, and mama likes! (Major bonus points for him! I may even have to actually make him something sometime this year I was so grateful).

I'm reading a particularly good book right now called Beyond Stitch & Bitch. A reflection on knitting and life indeed...and I'm hooked. Small and easy to digest chapters make it easy to pick up and put down, which my life dictates that I do with most books. Alot. I highly recommend this one folks. Yes, Mau - you can skip it darling. I'll give you the highlights.

Knit pics follow...

Here are my birthday goodies from my dearest Sean. Just the right stuff...a very unique and "must be knit" skein of
Araucania Atacama Alpaca yarn. Naturally, I want just the right project for this, and I'm taking suggestions!




AND he got me this!



May I just say that a book full of fun patterns and good reading is just the most perfect gift for the knitter who has...err...wants everything. Thanks Sean!

Here's what I'm working on...the Central Park Hoodie from the
Fall 2006 Knitscene (back and sleeves shown in the photo). Love. This. Knit.


CPH Progress 2 - 011707


There's a knit-along for this here and here - join us!

And here's something I'm calling my Stash Tote because (a) it was knit from leftover yarns in my stash and (b) when it's done and felted, I'm likely to use it to store or carry other yarn skeins from my stash (cuz some of it is just too yummy for Ziplocs, you know what I'm sayin?)


Stash Tote - Close Up

Stash Tote - PreFelted

No pattern, I just can't stand to waste even a yard of yarn, so this wool just had to be knit.

That's all the news that's fit to print my dears. Send me sugggestions for my 110yds of Alpaca goodness by shouting me out in the comments. Thanks!