Mar 1, 2006

Tink Tock, Tink Tock - The Frogs Come Out at Night

It's 12:48am; I had to frog about 6 rows on the Cotton Classic Jumper. Tough call. But you make clutch decisions like that when you have to...or when it's so late that your judgement is completely impaired by fatigue. Eh - either way. The ribbing directions had thrown me for a loop, but that's par for the course in this pattern. I apparently knit a row when I should have purled so the ribs were looking quite disjointed. The silver lining? I realized I had made a mistake...I could actually see my goof in the ribbing and then instead of plowing ahead ("it's handmade, it's supposed to have goofs") I frogged it. Even better, I used a trick Patty at my LYS taught me and got every stitch back on the needles and facing the right direction. Line up troops!! This heeyah jumper's due in 11 days. Let's git 'er done.

I've discovered a bonus treat too! Our library has a new program that allows you to download audio books to your hard drive or a CD...for FREE - very well within my price range. So tonight, I knit as I listened to October Suite by Maxine Clair...love to find undiscovered stuff by black (female) authors. I'm totally hooked! I'm on a flight to Joi-sey in about 11 hours from now, and you can guess how I'll spend the three hours in the air! Bon nuit!

Today's affirmation: I already have all I need to succeed inside me.